25th Annual Island Runner Elk/Beaver Ultras
Victoria, B.C., Canada
Saturday, May 12, 2012, 6:00 a.m.
100K, 50-Mile, 50K Ultramarathons
26.2 Miles - First-Timers Marathon
Glenn Jaques 25-Mile Ultra Walk
Saturday, May 12, 2012 - note the change to the second Saturday in May for 2012
Island Runner Elk/Beaver Ultras (Four different running distances and one walking distance).
The course will be open at 5:00 a.m. The event begins at 6:00 a.m. sharp for all runners and 25 Mile walkers
6:00 p.m. - all runners and walkers must finish in 12 hours or sooner.
- 100 Kilometres - certified - accurately measured (10 laps).
- 50 Miles - certified - accurately measured (8 laps plus 470 metres).
- 50 Kilometres - certified - accurately measured (5 laps).
- 26.2 Miles - First-Timers Marathon - accurately measured (4 laps plus 2.2 Kilometres)
- 25 Miles, Walking Division only, - certified - accurately measured (4 laps).
All trails, very flat, good footing, excellent condition. Definitely a runner-friendly, P.R. type course!
UPDATED APRIL 12 - NOTE CHANGE: Map Link Here - Hamsterly Beach, Elk Lake, 13 kilometres north of Victoria, 20 kilometres south of Victoria airport and ferry terminal. Easy access to Start/Finish area, good parking.
A group rate at the local Howard Johnson has been negotiated. Registrations at the hotel must be made before April 11, 2012. Contact the race director after registering in the race for details. Click here for directions from the Howard Johnson to the race site.
- Online registration available at www.eventsonline.ca.
- Registrations will be accepted by mail up to one week before race day. Day-of-race entrants will only be accepted should entry limit not be reached.
The first 200 entries will be accepted. Elite or far-travelled athletes will receive special consideration.
Race confirmation and detailed instructions will be e-mailed to all registrants by April 28, 2012
- $55.00 for the 25 Mile Ultrawalk. Please register before April 30, 2012.
- $60.00 for the "First-Timers" Marathon. Please register before April 30, 2012.
- $65.00 for the 50K Division. Please register before April 30, 2012.
- $75.00 for the 50 Mile Division. Please register before April 30, 2012.
- $85.00 for the 100K Division. Please register before April 30, 2012.
- $125.00 for day-of-race procrastinators (all distances). No t-shirt, no excuses, no whining, you’re late!
Open Men (20-39), Open Women (20-39), Master Men (40+), Master Women (40+).
Water at 5 locations on the course, washrooms at 5 locations, sheltered clothing drop, food, defizzed coke, Gatorade and water at start/finish area and approximately half way on the 10K loop.
Fruit and cookies supplied, bring your own personal drinks and energy food.
B.C. Ambulance Service will be available on call for the duration of the race.
Trophies for top male and female in all competitive divisions. Finishers’ medals will be given to all finishers.
An attractive souvenir garment with the race logo for the first 60 registrants.
Pre-race package pick-up will take place at the Howard Johnson on Elk Lake Drive, between 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm on May 11, 2012.
A non-complementary, pre-race meal will be available at the hotel after race package pick-up on May 11, 2012.
Detailed computer results will be e-mailed within one week following the race. Same day results on the PIH web site.
Hit our entertaining Web Site - pih.bc.ca - for information, past race results and links to on-line registration.
Carlos Castillo, Race Director, Island Runner Elk/Beaver Ultras
1732 Llandaff Place
Victoria, B.C., V8N 4V1