4 Runners per Team
Remembrance Day, November 11, 2012
Race Starts at 1:00 p.m. Sharp
- Course Map
- Online Entry Form - available until November 10, 2012.
- Printable Brochure
1997 | 1998 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 20112012 - Photos
Island Runner Footwear, in conjunction with Victoria's Prairie Inn Harriers Running Club, is pleased to host the Harriers Thetis Lake 20K Relay. This popular trail relay is a good tune up for the Harriers Gunner Shaw 10K Cross Country Classic on November 24, 2012 and the Stewart Mountain 10 Mile / 5 Mile Challenge on December 8, 2012. Schools, clubs, recreation centres, running clinics, competitive and recreational runners, and walkers of all paces are welcome to join the fun at Thetis Lake Park.
Thetis Lake Park, Main Beach, Victoria, BC, at the end of Six Mile Road off the Old Island Highway.
This cross country event is sanctioned by BC Athletics.
Island Runner will have a special sale tent of Saucony products at the Awards Tent.
20 Kilometres - 4 laps of 5 kilometres each. The event is sanctioned by BC Athletics
4 runners/walkers per team. Each runner or walker will complete one 5K lap.
- Junior Women (under-20)
- Junior Men (under-20)
- Junior Mixed (under-20)
- Senior Women (20-39)
- Senior Men (20-39)
- Senior Mixed (20-39)
- Master Women (40-49)
- Master Men (40-49)
- Master Mixed (40-49)
- Veteran Women (50+)
- Veteran Men (50-59)
- Veteran Mixed (50+)
- Super Veteran Men (60+)
- Family (any age)
- Solo (any age)
- Women's Walk (any age)
- Men's Walk (any age)
- Mixed Walk (any age)
- Teams run in the category of their youngest runner.
- Women can run on men's teams, but men can't run on women's teams.
- All Mixed categories must have a minimum of 2 women.
- Family teams must have a minimum of two members from the same family.
- Online Entry Form - Registrations will be accepted by mail or online up to November 10, 2012. Day-of-Race entries will only be accepted at the start line from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. if the entry limit of 150 teams is not reached. Online registration closes midnight, November 9, 2012.
- Registrations will be accepted by mail or online up to November 9, 2012 Day-of-Race entries will only be accepted at the start line from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. if the entry limit of 150 teams is not reached. Register early to avoid disappointment. No exceptions.
- Early $40 per team to Oct. 1.
- Late $60 per team to Nov. 10.
- $75 per team on race day.
The first 150 teams (600 runners) will be accepted for this race. No exceptions!
- Saturday, Nov. 10, 3:00 to 5:00 p.m., Island Runner Footwear, 1576 Fairfield Road.
- Sunday, Nov. 11, 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Thetis Lake, finish line, in the campground.
There will be limited food and fluid at the finish. Be prepared to bring your own refreshments and a dry, warm change of clothes. Hot chocolate and chicken soup will be available.
Rosettes and ribbons for top three teams in all 18 age categories.
Awards and draw prizes will be presented at the Awards Tent at 3:00 p.m. sharp.
Complete results will be available on race day on the Prairie Inn Harriers web site