Sunday January 13, 2013
Race starts at 11:00 am
- Register Online
- Printable Entry Form
- High Performance Athletes
Prize money details and comp entry standards
- Elite Athlete Program - Application Form
- Race #1 - 2013 Timex BC Road Running Series
- Race #1 - 2013 Frontrunners Island Race Series
- Race Results
Saanich Fairgrounds, 1528 Stelly's X Road, Saanichton, BC, north of Victoria.
The mildly undulating suburban/rural road course is certified and the event is sanctioned by BC Athletics. Race records are 22:58 (Carey Nelson) and 26:08 (Debbie Scott).
Thanks to continuing race partner Lifestyle Markets the Harriers Pioneer 8K will feature organic produce and Lifestyle gift certificates as draw prizes
Normal entry forms will be available around town and can be submitted by mail or dropped off at Frontrunners.
Early entry fee
$20 - no shirt (to December 8, 2011)
$15 - no shirt, all full-time students
Regular and Late entry fees
$25 (students $20) after Thursday, December 13, 2012
$30 (students $25) after Wednesday, January 9, 2013
$35 (all entrants) on race day
BC Athletics Members: Deduct $3
Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable
$20 early-bird: Thursday, December 13, 2012
online entry closes at midnight Wednesday, January 9, 2013
$25 regular fee: Wednesday, January 9, 2013
$30 late fee: Saturday, January 12, 2013
Race day $35 fee: Sunday, January 13, 2013 - accepted until 10:30 a.m at the Central Saanich Fairgrounds.
Race Package Pickup
Saturday, January 12, 2013 (the day before the race), between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. at Frontrunners Footwear, 1200 Vancouver Street.
Race morning from 9:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. at Central Saanich Fairgrounds.
Five year age groups from 20 to 80+, plus 16-19 and under-16
Awards and Presentations
Medals to the top three runners in each 5-year age group and ribbons to the top 10. Draw prizes will be presented at the awards presentations. Some draw prizes may be pre-drawn. The major draw prize is a $500 Gift Certificate compliments of Frontrunners.
High Performance Athletes
- Event records are 22:58 by Carey Nelson in 1985 and 26:08 by Debbie Scott in 1986.
- Complimentary Entry Standards: Men's Open: 25:00; Women's Open: 29:00; Men's Masters (40+): 27:00; Women's Masters (40+): 31:00
- Ferry costs may be able to be subsidized for off-island athletes. Transportation is also available to and from the ferry.
- Prize money details and comp entry standards
- To apply for high performance consideration, please complete the Pioneer 8K Elite Athlete application form
- The Harriers Pioneer 8K is the first race of the Timex BC Road Running Series of 15 races throughout the province. Check the BC Athletics website for more Timex BC Road Running Series information and the full race schedule
Computer results will be posted on the internet the day of the race. Printed copies will be also be available.
Archived results can be found at the Island Series Results Page.