Saturday, November 28, 2015
Race Starts at 1:00 p.m. SHARP
- 2015 Online Registration is Now Closed
- 2015 Printable Paper Entry Form
- 2015 Gunner Shaw Classic - Course Map
- 2014 Gunner Shaw - Race Results
- 2014 Age Category Results
- B&W Gunner Shaw Video by Gerry Etcheverry | Same Video in Colour
- Gunner Shaw The Man - A Tribute by Andre Gerard - 1984
- Gunner Shaw - Results and Past Winners (1985 to 2013)
- Gunner Shaw LGRR's Cross Country Race in Vancouver
Main Parking Lot, Thetis Lake Park, Victoria, BC, at the end of Six Mile Road.
Approximately 10 Kilometres. This cross country event is sanctioned by BC Athletics
All trails, many tough hills, rocky, rough, and always wet – an autumn classic cross country race.
Great course with roots, rocks, stumps, puddles, branches, boulders - no whining! Six significant hills and three significant puddles, all named along the course from Puddle No. 1, Bellamy Bitch, to Hill No. 3, The McKenzie Monster, to Hill No. 6, Big Bugger to Puddle No. 3, Shoe Wash.
Please preregister online Online Entry Form or by mail before the early deadline of October 1, 2015. Day-of-race entries will only be accepted at the Start Line from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. if the entry limit has not been reached. There will be NO day-of-race entries accepted once registration reaches 600. Don’t be disappointed register early. Note: Online registrations close at midnight on November 26, 2015.
- Friday, Nov. 27, 2:00 pm to 5:00 p.m., 2:18 Run, 1576 Fairfield Road, Victoria.
- Saturday, Nov. 28, 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Thetis Lake, finish line at the main beach.
- $ 25.00 Early registration fee if received by mail or online before October 1, 2015.
- $ 30.00 Late registration fee received from October 1 to November 27, 2015.
- $ 40.00 Day-of-Race, very late fee for procrastinators registering at the start line on November 28, 2015.
A maximum limit of 600 entries will be accepted for this race. No exceptions.
All race proceeds will be directed to Harriers Foundation projects. To date the Prairie Inn Harriers Running Club has raised over $291,000 towards Foundation projects in Greater Victoria including six major scholarships and bursaries at the University of Victoria and Camosun College.
- M19 (Men under-20)
- M20 (Men 20-29)
- M30 (Men 30-39)
- M40 (Men 40-49)
- M50 (Men 50-59)
- M60 (Men 60-plus)
- F19 (Women under-20)
- F20 (Women 20-29)
- F30 (Women 30-39)
- F40 (Women 40-49)
- F50 (Women 50-59)
- F60 (Women 60-plus)
The Prairie Inn Harriers are the host for 2015 to the Inter-Club Challenge with Vancouver's Lions Gate Road Runners, two of the oldest and well established running clubs in British Columbia.
Awards and draw prizes will be presented at the finish line immediately after the last runner completes the course, at approximately 2:00 p.m.
There will be limited food and fluid at the finish. Please be prepared by bringing your own refreshments and a dry, warm change of clothes. Hot chocolate and chicken soup will be available.
Complete results will be available on race day.
Archived results can be found on the Results and Past Winners page.