Saturday, November 27, 2021
Race Starts at 1:00 p.m. SHARP
- Online Registration is NOW CLOSED
- 2021 Gunner Shaw Classic - COURSE MAP
- B&W Gunner Shaw Video by Gerry Etcheverry | Same Video in Colour
- Gunner Shaw The Man - A Tribute by Andre Gerard - 1984
- The Gunner Shaw Story - A Legend Never Dies, A Tribute by Bob Reid
- Complete List of Gunner Shaw Race Winners by Bob Reid
- Gunner Shaw LGRR's Cross Country Race in Vancouver
Main beach, Thetis Lake Park, Victoria BC, at the end of Six Mile Road.
Approximately 10 Kilometres. This cross country event is sanctioned by BC Athletics
All trails, many tough hills, rocky, rough, and always wet – an autumn classic cross country race.
Great race course with roots, rocks, stumps, puddles, branches, boulders - no whining! Six significant hills and three significant puddles, all named along the course from Puddle No. 1, Bellamy Bitch, to Hill No. 3, The McKenzie Monster, to Hill No. 6, Big Bugger to Puddle No. 3, The Shoe Wash.
Please preregister online or by mail before the early deadline of September 30, 2021. Day-of-race entries will only be accepted at the Start Line from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. if the entry limit has not been reached. There will be NO day-of-race entries accepted once registration reaches 600. Don’t be disappointed register early. Note: Online registrations close at midnight on November 25, 2021.
- Friday, Nov. 26, 12:00 noon to 2:00 p.m., 2:18 Run Store, 1576 Fairfield Road, Victoria, BC. Special offer on Nike Wildhorse Trail Shoes.
- Saturday, Nov. 27, 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Thetis Lake Park, finish line at the main beach.
- $ 30.00 Early registration fee if received by mail or online before October 1, 2021.
- $ 40.00 Late registration fee received from October 1 to November 26, 2021.
- $ 50.00 Day-of-Race, very late fee for procrastinators registering at the start line package pick-up on November 27, 2021.
A maximum limit of 600 entries will be accepted for this race. No exceptions.
All race proceeds will be directed to Harriers Foundation projects. To date the Prairie Inn Harriers Running Club has raised over $380,000 towards Foundation projects in Greater Victoria including seven major scholarships and bursaries at the University of Victoria and Camosun College. Several club members have passed away and scholarships/bursaries have been initiated as a tribute for Bruce "Gunner" Shaw, John Thipthorpe, Susan Reid, Arthur Taylor, Rosamund Dashwood, Ken Smythe and Sandy Auburn.
- Junior Men (Men under 20)
- Senior Men (Men 20-39)
- Master Men (Men 40+)
- Junior Women (Women under-20)
- Senior Women (Women 20-39)
- Master Women (Women 40+)
The Prairie Inn Harriers will compete in an Inter-Club Challenge with Vancouver's Lions Gate Road Runners, two of the oldest and well established running clubs in British Columbia.
Awards and draw prizes will be presented at the finish line immediately after the last runner completes the course, at approximately 2:15 p.m.
There will be limited food and fluid at the finish. Please be prepared by bringing your own refreshments and a dry, warm change of clothes. Hot chocolate will be available as well as cookies, candies and fruit.
Complete results will be available and posted on this website on race day.
After Race Party at the Six Mile House
Join us for a burger, a beer and a few laughs as you relive your Gunner Shaw Classic experience today with friends!