Victoria BC, Canada
Saturday, May 12, 2018. All races start at 6:00 a.m.
An (ACU) Association of Canadian Ultrarmarathoners Series event! More about the ACU here...
100K 2018 ACU National Championship (Trail) Ultramarathon,
50-Miles, 50K Ultramarathon,
Glenn Jaques 40K Ultra Walk
Prairie Inn Harriers running club is pleased to present the 31st Annual Harriers 2:18 Run Elk/Beaver Ultras.
The fast and flat 10 kilometre trail circuit around Elk and Beaver Lakes is considered as one of the premiere races of its type in North America. Runners complete 10 laps for the 100K division, 8+ laps for 50 Miles and 5 laps for 50K while walkers complete 4 laps for 40K.
The venue is all trails, very flat, has good footing, and is in excellent condition. Definitely a runner-friendly, P.R. type course!
Many North American open and age class records have been set at the Elk/Beaver race including the Andy Jones 100K course record of 6:46:09 and Ray Piva’s North American M70 record of 10:49:41 both set in 1997. In 2000 Lori Bowden set an open women’s 50K Canadian Record of 3:34:18 while Jim Swadling has established four 50K Canadian age class records at E/B, M50 – 3:26:20 in 2000, M55 – 3:32:39 in 2003, M65 – 3:51:44 in 2012 and M70 - 4:17:15 in 2017. In 2010 Ellie Greenwood won the E/B 100K race outright and, in doing so, she set a trail World Record of 7:36:40 for open women.
The race attracts some of the most high perfotmance ultramarathoners in Canada and the United States. It is an excellent qualifier for 100 Mile events. The course is accurately-measured with a Jones Counter and certified splits are available every 10 kilometres. You will not find a flatter trail ultra anywhere in Canada - definitely P.R. material! You'll receive great organization, support, hospitality and race services at the event.
The course will be open at 5:00 am and the event begins at 6:00 am sharp for all runners and walkers.
6:00 pm - All runners and walkers must finish in 12 hours or less.
- 100 Kilometres - Certified, accurately measured (10 laps).
- 50 Miles - Certified, accurately measured (8 laps plus 470 metres before Lap 1).
- 50 Kilometres - Certified, accurately measured (5 laps).
- 40 Kilometres, Walking Division only - Certified, accurately measured (4 laps).
Map Link Here - This year the Start/Finish is at Beaver Beach at the picnic shelter located at he south end of the Elk/Beaver Lake Park. 730 Beaver Lake Road, near the Nature Centre. Approximately 11 kilometers north of downtown Victoria and 20 kilometers south of Victoria airport and ferry terminal. Easy access to the Start/Finish area, good parking and shelter from the weather if needed. It is an approximate 15 minute walk from the Howard Johnson to the Start Line!
A group rate at the local Howard Johnson has been negotiated. Registrations at the hotel must be made before April 10, 2018. Contact the race director after registering in the race for details. Click here for directions from the Howard Johnson to the race site.
- Online registration is available at RaceRoster.com.
- Mail-in registration is available starting on January 1, 2018. Simply print the form and send it to the mailing address on the form.
- Registrations will be accepted by mail up to one week before race day. Day-of-race entrants will only be accepted should entry limit not be reached.
The first 200 entries will be accepted. High performance or far-traveled athletes will receive special consideration.
Race confirmation and detailed instructions will be e-mailed to all registrants.
- $75.00 for all divisions. Registration closes May 10, 2018.
- $125.00 for Day-of-Race procrastinators (all distances). No t-shirt, no excuses, no whining, you’re late!
Open Men (20-39), Open Women (20-39), Master Men (40+), Master Women (40+).
Water at 4 locations on the course, washrooms at 5 locations, sheltered clothing drop, food, defizzed coke, Gatorade and water at the Start/Finish area and approximately half way on the 10K loop. Fruit and cookies supplied, bring your own personal drinks and energy food.
B.C. Ambulance Service will be available on call for the duration of the race. Medix Ambulance will be on site.
Trophies for top male and female in all competitive divisions. Finishers’ medals will be given to all finishers.
An attractive souvenir garment with the race logo for the first 60 registrants.
Pre-race package pick-up will take place on Friday May 11 in the afternoon from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm at the 2:18Run store, 1576 Fairfield Road, and will take place in the evening from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm at the Howard Johnson on Elk Lake Drive. For late arrivals, you can pick up your race package at the Start Line between 5:00 am and 6:00 am on race morning.
Darcy Kernel, Race Director, Harriers 2:18 Run Elk/Beaver Ultras
Detailed computer results will be posted on this Race Page immediately after the race. The following files provide a historic list of results, lap times and race reports for all Elk/Beaver Ultras.
- 2017 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2016 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2015 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2014 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2013 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2012 - - - Report
- 2011 - - - Report
- 2010 -
- 2009 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2008 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2007 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2006 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2005 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2004 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2003 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2002 - - Splits - Report
- 2001 - - -
- 2000 - Results - -
- 1999 - Results
- 1998 - Results - - Report
- 1997 - - -