Local Trails and Trail Maps
John Hasell maps
John Hasell avidly explored the region with his Wednesday Wonderers and Thursday Thrashers friends until his passing in 2011, documenting all his hikes and creating a large collection of home-made maps. As few of the summits and trails in the Sooke Hills had official names, he simply used those of group members, geological features or things spotted along the way. While the maps are less used now for navigation, most of the names live on.
- 01e West Sooke Hills.jpg *
- 01f East Sooke Hills.jpg *
- 10a Todd Creek and The Lakes Trails.jpg *
- 10c The Sooke Hills Lakes.jpg
- 13a Manuel Quimper Area Trails.jpg
- 15a Sooke Mountain Park Area.jpg *
- 18c Letter Boxes - Lands End.jpg
- 19d Braden - Amigos - Dinosaur Trails.jpg
- 21a Mt McDonald - Upper Amigos Trail.jpg *
- 22a Mount Wells Regional Park Trails.jpg
- The Trails round Ragged Mountain.jpg
Caution: Do not use solely for navigation as some trails have shifted or become overgrown and new trails have appeared. Some names have also changed, as has some ownership and accessibility to the public. Do enjoy for their historic artful elegance.
* better resolution
The remainder of this page hasn't been checked in years. Many links are likely broken.
Thetis Lake Area
Lochside and Galloping Goose Trails and Nearby Parks
Saanich and Area Parks
Up-Island Parks and Trails
Trans-Canada Trail near Duncan (descriptions of routes only)
Training Plan Links
Shorter Distance Plans