Saturday, November 4, 2017
The first race starts at 12:00 Noon
Printable Brochure with Entry Form: 2017 Race Brochure
Elite Athlete Application Form and Qualifying Standards: 2017 Elite Athlete Application Form
The Prairie Inn Harriers and 2:18 Run proudly present the second edition of the Harriers Bob Reid Magical Mile. This certified paved mile takes place on the Galloping Goose Regional Trail near Thetis Lake Park, Victoria, BC. Races start on Atkins Road where the Galloping Goose crosses Atkins and the course proceeds south to the turn around point then returns north back to the start/finish line.
THE RACE COURSE
Accurately measured, out-and-back with a slight incline for the first half and a slight decline for the return segment making for a lightning fast slightly downhill finish leading to negative splits and fast race times.
It is mandatory that every runner does a maximum effort "test mile" as a training run to get a good indication of their estimated time. Use a local track, or measure 1.6 kilometres with a car or bicycle on a flat road course for the test run. This will determine ranking, starting positions and bib number assignments within age categories.
Each participant will have one opportunity to submit a revised estimated time between October 15 and October 31, 2017 should they run a faster or slower "test mile" closer to race day.
SANDBAGGERS AND DREAMERS
Runners that are sandbagging by racing at least one minute faster than their estimated time and runners that are dreaming by running at least one minute slower than their estimated time are subject to disqualification. No junk excuses will be accepted for stretching the truth!
Every runner will start at 5 to 10 second intervals with the fastest predicted time in every age category going first and the slowest estimated time in that category going last.
The Race Director may increase limits in popular age classes should less popular age classes not be filled on race day.
If the category you are trying to register for reaches its limit you can place yourself on the waiting list by contacting the Race Director.
- Strict entry limits for all 12 Race Categories (Total of 200 runners maximum). See below for category caps.
- Separate races for every Age Category from Under-20 Juniors to 60-and-over Legends.
- Mandatory estimated times are required to determine ranking, starting positions and bib numbers.
- Staggered starts for all 200 runners at 5 to 10 second intervals throughout the day.
- Event is a Pacific Northwest Championship.
- Race is sanctioned by BC Athletics.
- Race course is accurately measured and certified.
- A beautiful, unique perpetual trophy will be presented to the male and female race champions.
ENTRY FEES AND ENTRY LIMITS BY AGE CATEGORY
|Age Category/Entry Limit||
Day of Race
|Race 1 - Junior Mile (Boys 13-19) 5||25.00||30.00||40.00|
|Race 2 - Junior Mile (Girls 13-19) 5||25.00||30.00||40.00|
|Race 3 - Senior Mile (Men 20-29) 20||25.00||30.00||40.00|
|Race 4 - Senior Mile (Women 20-29) 20||25.00||30.00||40.00|
|Race 5 - Premaster Mile (Men 30-39) 30||25.00||30.00||40.00|
|Race 6 - Premaster Mile (Women 30-39) 30||25.00||30.00||40.00|
|Race 7 - Master Mile (Men 40-49) 30||25.00||30.00||40.00|
|Race 8 - Master Mile (Women 40-49) 30||25.00||30.00||40.00|
|Race 9 - Veteran Mile (Men 50-59) 10||25.00||30.00||40.00|
|Race 10 - Veteran Mile (Women 50-59) 10||25.00||30.00||40.00|
|Race 11 - Legends Mile (Men 60-99) 5||25.00||30.00||40.00|
|Race 12 - Legends Mile (Women 60-99) 5||25.00||30.00||40.00|
- Online registration will open at 1:00 pm on September 1, 2017.
- Online registration will close at midnight on November 3, 2017 or as soon as the limit of 200 entries has been reached.
- Online registration will close as soon as the cap is reached in each age category.
- 2017 BC Athletics Members are eligible for a $3.00 discount on their entry fee.
- You will be asked for your membership number during online registration.
- To look up your membership number check HERE.
- There is a Race Roster processing fee for registering online for the 2017 Harriers Bob Reid Magical Mile.
- Complimentary entries are available to elite athletes that have achieved specified time standards. Visit the PIH website pih.bc.ca for details and application forms.
- All funds are payable in Canadian dollars. VISA and MC accepted.